Intuitive Self Care with Tarot: The Star
Me too. The gravity, the importance and the life altering power of these two words cannot be overestimated. When I typed them I realized it was almost easy because it felt like another person had been through the things that came into my mind so I am revisting my suffering...more on that in another post. Then I read all the other Me Toos and I was horrified. My heart broke knowing that so many people I admire and love have also been harmed. How many of us have kept quiet and brushed it off as just being part of what our lives is? Anyone who is non-white, non-gender conforming, non-hetero has felt this pain. It becomes part of life.
This is not ok.
As we share that we too have endured suffering and pain, we are healing the collective. Vulnerability is not easy. Every week I struggle for a bit, wanting to puke after I share so deeply. I share though because I feel like our stories can be powerful to heal the collective. Healing happens both inside of the island of ourselves, but also by us pouring forth what we have learned from the time on our island. Feelings of isolation are dangerous and only reinforce shame. Sharing our stories (even saying Me Too) is taking power away from that shame.
I’ve also been reflecting on what healing is and the power dynamics of healing. There is this idea that healing is all on the individual. If you would just try harder, you too could be healed. We forget, I forget, that suffering is systemic. There is much stacked against us, some of us more so than others. So healing must happen in the collective. It must happen with activism. Healing happens in the uncomfortable, in the muck, the ick. The manufacturing of love and light as the only way to healing is dangerous. It is dangerous even to make love and light our goal. We are complex beings made of both darkness and light. We are hell and we are heaven. It is human.
“Love and Light is meaningless without Truth and Justice” Layla Saad from Wild Mystic Woman
I come to you as a wounded healer, a teacher not because you can’t heal yourself. I feel like it is my role to guide you to your own wisdom. I cannot help but to teach. I heal myself by teaching. It is my part of the healing the collective.
This week we examine the Star and we examine healing. As you can see the topic is complex.
Chakras: Heart and Throat
Mantras for the Star
Ways to Practice Healing:
1. Tarot (obviously) Though Tarot does make one think a lot, it gets to another part of the brain, the subconcious. I do tarot exercises with people in person, as well as tarot readings through email. Tarot has been to me like a shortcut to digging things up.
2. Ritual Baths I used to really dislike baths, but then I made them into a meditative practice. One plus about that is I get bothered way less if I'm in the bath then meditating in a room. This is a huge plus for parents!
3. Journaling. If you've worked with me before that something I always suggest is journaling...like always and honestly every time we work together. The spreads I have been creating for you to try out are ideally journaling prompts too.
4. Getting in a circle either in real life or online to heal collectively. So a lot of us said "Me Too" this past week...now imagine that kind of energy with the same circle of people. Imagine how far you could heal yourself and those around you?
5. Energy Work! This has been one of the biggest ways I got more healing. It's funny because I am SO proactive with my healing journey and getting energy work is so much about receiving. I began offering it alongside tarot readings, along with yoga because it felt odd to stir so much stuff up and not let the client get space to heal and integrate their body back in with their mind. That is why I do Holistic Healing and Guidance. Healing is about all parts of us. I wish I could explain to you, but if you haven't experience energy work and are curious, message me and I am willing to do a mini session with you to try it out!
Here is the tarot spread for The Star:
If you do not have a deck, then use these as journaling prompts!
A little explanation:
1. I would use the Star here pick a card consiously, by looking at it for a card that represents healing to you.
2. Healing takes on different forms at different times. If we listen to ourselves, we know what medicine we need when.
3. Is there anyone or any group in your community that could help you with your healing? Is there a certain book or course that could help you?
4. Suffering and healing are systematic. Look at deeper issues at play here and take some of the blame and pressure off yourself and get a bigger picture.
5. Though when you are deep in healing it may not be a wise idea to put yourself out there, but for me sharing my story and helping others actually reinforces my healing. What does that look like for you now. Healing is collective.